In January, Mommy turned 26 and realized she is starting to feel old, and Cami began to crawl and become her own independent little self.
In February, Ryan and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary, bought a new car, and Cami took her first airplane ride (to Seattle).
In April, Grammy, Grampa, and uncle Russell came to visit for General Conference. Also, Ryan survived the first of many firings up at ATK, and Cami began to walk!!
In May, a new cousin was born into the family, and Cami has learned that babies are very special and we need to be gentle with them.
I can already tell that she will be a very good older sister. May was also our 2 year anniversay in our home and at Ryan's job.
In June, Ryan also turned 26 and on his birthday, Cami said her first word (dada). Cami went swimming for the very first time and LOVED it!
In June, we also took our second airplane ride for our first family vacation (to Denver, Colorado), where we went to her first mariners game (GO MARINERS!!),
took our first trip to the zoo,
and Cami wore her very first pair of real shoes.
In July, Cami turned 1!!!!!
We also took our third airplane ride (to South Carolina), met uncle David who had just returned from serving a mission in Argentina, went to uncle Russell's baptism, and took our first swim in the ocean in Charleston.
Cami also had her first experience with doggies and has loved them ever since.
In August, we all said goodbye to uncle Curtis, who left to serve a mission in Chile for the next 2 years. We miss him!
In September, football season started, and Cami learned how to say "touchdown", along with many other fun words.
In october, Ryan survived the second firing up at ATK.. (yay!!), and we celebrated halloween of corse by going trick or treating at the mall.
We also had Ryans family here to visit, which is always really nice! Cami also made the decision at this point in her life, that she needed to RUN everywhere from now on. no more walking!
In November we celebrated thanksgiving of corse and I made a little dinner for the 3 of us. Then on Thanksgiving day we spent time with some of Ryans family. We had Camis Christmas pictures taken,
.jpg)
and got all excited about Decorating the tree! Cami loved the decorations! Cami also experienced her first time playing with snow and she had a blast with that too!
December has been a busy month full of christmas shopping, and making homemade gifts. But among all this, we have been teaching cami a little bit about Jesus. She can now say "jesus" when we point to his picture. Speaking of pictures of Jesus... here is the best present that I have EVER gotten!

I have wanted a nice picture of Christ in our home for a long time now... and this year Ryan got me one for my birthday. I know, my birthday isnt until the 6th, but he took me so I could pick out the one I wanted, and it turned out that the artwork was 50% off that week... so we got it early!! :)... so its beautiful! and its hanging up in the living room. I LOVE it!
She has also mastered saying "I love you". For the month of December, I have been working at Hickory Farms in the mall and its been a lot of fun. Not only is it fun to have a job again, but it definitely helped us pay for Christmas! :). The last but not least exciting thing that happened this month is that another baby girl has come into our family. Candice and Dane's baby girl was born on the 20th. Cami hasnt had a chance to play with her yet.. but im sure she will love playing with her as much as she loves her other little cousin. Cami really loves babies! We had a blast this year watching Cami open her Christmas presents... she really loves all her gifts! This is a fun little table that I bought on black friday! Its awesome!
Christmas eve, we went to Gran's house, made her dinner, and spent the evening with her. Cami gave her a nice big kiss and it pretty much made her day!
When we got home, we hooked up our webcam and spent the evening on Skype opening gifts with Ryan's family. On Christmas Day, we went down to my Dad's house and spent the day with my family. We also got to talk to Curtis on the phone! It was short, but it was awesome to get to hear from him! Last night, we went to Ryan's grandma's house in south salt lake and enjoyed a nice dinner together. This holiday season has been a nice one, and we are so grateful for all that we have been blessed with. Ryan has been off work since the 23rd, and he doesnt go back until January 4th.. so we are enjoying so much time with just the 3 of us :).
This year has been a busy one, and one we will never forget. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of it. We love you all so much!! We hope everybody had a wonderful 2009 and we hope the best is in store for your 2010!
4 comments:
I'm glad you guys have had a good year. We wish you the best of all things in 2010!
Wow, I haven't blogged (or checked any blogs) in too long-- it was fun for me to catch up with you just now. Cute Christmas pictures! And you really did have a full 2009. I'm impressed with your recap abilities! So Cami is adorable. I love the movie of her sitting in the pan. What a funny girl. Why don't we get together next week? Tuesday and Thursday are wide open for me. Do you want to have lunch? We could go out or stay in for something super fancy like chicken nuggets. :) My phone number is 801-389-8116. What's yours? Let me know-- I'd love to get together with you guys when you can.
She is sooooo cute girly! Great photos:-) Miss oyu!!!
Ok, Cami is such a beautiful baby girl! Seriously! Looks like you have been having fun! I love the birthday cake picture, the now picture and the beach picture! So precious! ;)
Post a Comment