Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cami's First Christmas

Christmas was really exciting this year, being Cami's first christmas and all. On christmas eve we went with Ryans family to temple square to see the lights and it was beautiful! Cami loved the lights, even though it was FREEZING outside. We have decided to do a tradition in our family to open up our new jammies on christmas eve and wear them to bed so we decided to start it this year, even though cami had no idea what was going on :). Here she is opening her first present (yes, in the nude) haha

Here she is cuddled up in her nice warm pjs

She definitely had more interest in the paper, rather than the present. She loves the sound of wrinkled paper now :). Here are a couple pictures of her on christmas morning:


On Christmas day, we stoppped by Ryan's grandma's house for a little while which involved getting to talk to Ryans brother, David, who is serving a mission in Argentina. It was great to talk to him, and it sounds like he is doing great! We then headed down to orem to spend the rest of the day with my family which was a lot of fun. They got me a cricut machine!!! YAY!!! I really did get spoiled this year! We played games and ate lots of food and stayed the night and spent most of the next day with them as well. I really do miss living close to my family. They are so much fun!

That night ryans family came over and were able to stay for a few days, which was fun. We played lots of video games and card games and Ryans mom and I went to the quilt store. SO MUCH FUN!!! For christmas, ryans parents got me a quilting book that I really wanted, as well as a gift certificate to get me started on some supplies. So we got to go spend it :). For those of you who like to quilt, you should check out nancy halvorsen's stuff.... SOOOO cute!!! Also if you want details on the store let me know because this place is seriousely a quilters dream!! It is so much better than joanns!

New years eve we headed over to my family's house and played games, watched the fireworks at midnight from my dads balcony, and stayed up all night. Well... not all of us. :) Debbi and I stayed up till 5 in the morning doing a puzzle. Neither of us could sleep. I just love the holidays, no sleep, and way too much food.. haha!

This christmas has been so much fun. We were lucky enough to have both families in the same place this year, and it was great to not have to travel. Being home for chrimstmas is definitely the greatest thing! It is truly the happiest time of the year and really makes us realize the true meaning of Christmas. I feel so lucky to have what I have... a wonderful husband, an amazing baby girl, a warm home, a good job, a great family and great in-laws, and especially the gospel. I cant imagine my life without any of these things and I want to thank everyone who contributes to this. We hope you all had a great holiday season!

2 comments:

Gentry said...

Thanks for the comment on our page. :) I fixed the title, but I don't think I can fix the address. And, as for the outfit for Cami, I'm so sorry. I didn't think to check the bottoms when we bought it at the store. I hope you can find something for the top to match for now. I thought you would like it because it is blue and there aren't too many blue things for girls. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. :) Miss ya!

Megan said...

I got a cricut machine last year and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! I am glad you had such a fun holiday!

blog background