Friday, March 11, 2011

Its been a busy 3 months!

Cami says HI!!!


So sorry for neglecting my blog duties the past few months.. life has been so busy! Here is what we've been up to. First and foremost, being cool.


Christmas was wonderful. We were able to go to South Carolina and spend some quality time with Ryans family for about 3 weeks. Cami got to show off her communication skills, bake cookies with "glammy", abuse their poor sweet puppy (sorry!!), build a snowman, and feed all sorts of animals, including reindeer, at a christmas lights show. She had a ton of fun and it showed in how many times she peed her pants. Lets just say someone was too excited to even think about using the toilet. We had many baths, did lots of laundry, and used lots of carpet cleaner. SORRY GLAMMY! hopefully next time we come visit, your carpets will remain clean... like this dish that was scrubbed for about 10 minutes.


Speaking of potty training, Cami is doing wonderfully. Her accidents are becoming much less frequent, at about 1 per 4-5 weeks.. AMAZING. Its now been about 6 months since we began this journey and Im proud of her!


In February, Cami and I were able to go visit my family in Utah. Here she is on the plane.

My sister, Tambra, had a new baby boy on December 19th and they named him Bryson Chad Moultrie. He is BEAUTIFUL!! AWWW I want one too!! What a wonderful vacation. It was great to see my family and for them to be able to spend some time with and get to know Cami better. She had a blast chasing her two adorable cousins around, and holding baby Bryson.






In the past Cami really hasnt remembered very many people. Only a select lucky few such as Andy and Dane (2 of her uncles who are super smiley sweet gentle people). But since Christmas, all she can talk about is ryans family. And since February she has added my family members to that list too. Requesting to go to Glammys house or Grandpas house. Naming them in her prayers. Asking to go play with her uncles and cousins. Its fun to see her so excited about everone, but sad to tell her we live to far away to go visit the people she loves. Here is Cami blowing a kiss to all of you!


I love this picture.


Since about mid-late January, Cami does not take naps anymore. At the beginning of the year, she started taking about an hour nap at around 3:30-4:00 in the afternoon. That lasted about a week, and here we are now with NO naps. Occasionally I still do quiet time if I really need it, but most days she is just happy as can be... till about 6:00 that is. WOW.. so about those terrible twos... so we usually do something like this to make her happy.



Or if its late enough, this is what we do. And we always take puppy.


Cami is going through an "all i want it fruit snacks" phase. Cami likes to call fruit snacks and fruit rollups "chumps" hahahaha!!! the funniness of the word never gets old. Im not sure where in the world it came from but thats ok. Its super funny.. and even funnier when you watch this face say it.


I burped the other day... very loudly (i know my family isnt surprised... but ryans family im sure is shocked by this) cami shakes her finger at me and says, i quote "MOMMY!!!! dont do that. its gross. and it hurts my ears!" hahahaha! I love it that my little girl has better manners than I do.


We have been spending mornings and afternoons on our porch lately. The weather has been between 70 and 80 degrees. Absolutely perfect. We set out a blanket and have both breakfast and lunch on the porch together. Its really fun.

It has also been beach weather. We all went to the beach last Saturday. La Jolla Shores has got to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world... not that I have been to many, because I havent, but its soooo pretty!! We walked up and down the beach, collected seashells, got our feet wet. and our knees, and our thighs, oh and our butts too. didnt really expect to go out in the water but what do you do when you have an incredibly daring, excited, fearless 2 1/2 year old. and we even forgot towels and clothes. Cami rode home naked. It was fabulous. Note to self: bring towels when you go to the beach. Its what smart people do.



I love this picture... she was running. notice her feet arent even toughing the ground???


I am IN LOVE with thes two people! Precious picture dont you think?


Cami has a boyfriend. His name is Deacon. He is about 6 months younger than her, and is very very cute. Funny story. Last month I went to the relief society stake temple night. I was in the bathroom getting ready and Cami could tell I would be leaving soon and started requesting to go with me. I told her she couldnt go and that tonight was only for mommys. She asks why, of corse. I say because mommy is going to the temple, and kids cant go to the temple yet. She asks why again. I tell her its a special place and she will be able to go to the temple when shes big. She instantly reacts excitedly and says, "Yeah, and ill go with Deacon". Its gotta be one of the funniest things shes ever said.. EVER.

Ok theres my version of catching up on the last 3 months. Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!!

oh.. PS!! look at this photo:

16 boxes of betty crocker fruit snacks. no, i am not crazy. yes, these are camis incentive for many things. but do you know how much these cost me? take a guess... anyone? 1.88... yes. one dollar and eighty eight cents. thats right. not each.. TOTAL!! its ok to be proud of me :).

4 comments:

Jessica Parry said...

I looove this! Cami's hair looks so long! Also, I wish we lived so close to the beach. It looks like you guys are having so much fun. Looks like you guys like fruit snacks as much as we love life!

Sarah said...

So fun. I can't believe how grown up Cami looks! I lover her hair ... it's just so cute! Love all the cute stories ... isn't this a fun stage? I'm sure she always have you laughing!

Bummer about the nap time....i'm hoping I can force Seth into his as long as possible. Especially with #2 closing in on us. I'm going to need a break! LOL

Glad you guys are having so much fun. jealous of the beach ... we may have to visit you guys sometime next year when it's cold again!

makana hansen said...

Look at you posing!! :) lol Its a really great post. I loved reading it and all the cute photos. She is getting to be so grown up. Congrats on the potty training too!

The Petersen Family said...

I was wondering what you guys had been up to lately. It sounds like you have stayed busy, but looks like lots of fun. Cami is so cute, and I can't believe how long her hair is! Dallin gave up naps then too...I was bummed, but you seem to know how to keep her happy!! Cute pictures and stories!

blog background