Friday, April 30, 2010

"Baby Like"

Camis new phrase is "baby like". She said it for the first time a couple weeks ago but has been saying it quite frequently when she is playing with her baby. Whether its hugging or kissing, feeding, bathing her.. she always says baby like. Its so sweet.

Her interest in talking has probably doubled since last month. She will walk right up to us and get a few inches from our face and just talk up a storm. Occasionally there is a word in there that we understand.... like go, or nighnight. It is HILARIOUS! And we respond with "really?... wow!!!... you think so?".. and she nods her head so big that her neck might possibly break while making the sound she does when her answer is yes.. those of you who know cami remember this sound and can imagine how funny this is right?... i hope so.. because it REALLY IS!

We had an incident with her blankie the other day. Her blanket got all gross during our trip to San Diego, so of corse I washed it when we got home. It was about time for bed, and the dryer was almost finished. Ryan opened it a little early and took her blanket out to see if it was dry. It wasnt quite dry so we put it back in the dryer and OOOOOOOHHHHH Cami was MAAAADDDDDDD! LOL. I cant stop laughing just thinking of it.....

She threw herself on the floor and there she laid after we put the blanket back in. Laid there and balled her face off for about 5 minutes:


She then got up and made her way into the kitchen (still balling her face off!):


On the occasion that she looked up to make sure we were still watching her throw a fit..... I was of corse waiting with my camera:

Are we such mean parents to just sit there and laugh at her for this long? haha!! wish we would have had our video camera!

We checked the dryer again another 5 minutes later and it was done. Ryan handed it to her and:

Now most of you family members have seen cami shake when shes excited or incredibly happy right? .... well.. thats what she was doing as she held her blankie to her face. She shook for probably a solid 15 seconds!! Wow this is probably the funniest thing thats happened in a long time. She is just too stinkin cute isnt she?

Here she is when she finally calmed down. She just looks exhausted doesnt she? She was really ready for bed!


Cami really loves to dress herself. This is my shirt. I tied it in the back so it didnt fall completely off of her.


She woke up about every hour last night crying pretty good. She didnt seem to be awake completely.. and I really hope she isnt starting to get night terrors. From what I hear those are not fun at all. I finally put her in our bed this morning at about 7 and she got a couple solid hours of sleep. Poor girl. Doesnt she just look so cute when she sleeps?


Cami is finally learning what it means to smile for the camera. These forced smiles are usually HUGE:


And occasionally she even looks asian.... I LOVE this one. funny huh?


Like I meantioned, we went to San Diego last week for a couple days. Its beautiful! When Ryan was at his interview we walked across the street to the outdoor mall. They had this really neat dolphin pool down the center of the walkway. Cami loved playing in it and here are some pictures:








She was trying to climb over the wall to get in the water:

Unfortunately I was not the best photographer on the trip and these were the only pictures I took.

In the car on the way home from the Airport, Cami was in a very talkative mood. She went on for about 10 minutes... very rarely taking a breath. This was what the one-sided conversation sounded like: moomie, baby, weeeeeeee, nighnight, deeee, see? see?, cookie, nana, play, byebye, tee doo, baby like.

moomie: movie
dee: drink
tee doo: thank you

These words were repeated over and over and turned into a huge story she was telling us. In order to tell us she wanted to go play outside, she would say "weeeeeeeeee". That lasted about a week or two. Now she uses the word play most of the time. she says play quite perfectly now :). I know that Im bias, but hey she really is the cutest thing ever!

Cami loves to wear other peoples shoes too. Here she is putting mine on.

Anyone else's living room look like this? :)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm glad to see my girls aren't the only ones with the blankie attachment. I try to time the blanket washings to be done before naptime or bedtime. What a cute girl you have!

Stephanie said...

Dallin loves his blanket too. He just sits there and watches the washer and dryer until it's done. We do the same thing when Dallin throws huge fits. Sometimes it is just too funny. Cami is getting so big and cute. Keep us up to date on your move!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Marc told me Ryan got the job. Hooray! You must be so excited! I'd love to help you get ready however I can-- do you think Cami would be nervous playing over here with Anna while you pack or something? I'm just trying to think how to help-- let me know if you've got an idea.

makana said...

I loved all the comments you had to go with the photos. So I also see that you guys will be heading to San Diego! Congrats! That is really exciting and I KNOW you are so happy about that.
PS- I loved the story about the blankie and I loved ever more that you took pictures of it! :)

blog background