
She also loves to hit. She will walk right up to ryan or I and smack us right in the face. I have a huge bruise on the bridge of my nose. We tell her no hitting, and then tell her and show her how to be soft. Tonight she hit me really hard in the face, then immediately leaned in and gave me a big kiss and rubbed my head haha!.. So maybe our efforts in teaching her not to hit are starting to make sense to her. Im not sure how she learned to hit... it makes me wonder if we are doing something wrong... do most babies do this? Also any advice from experienced mothers would be WONDERFUL! This hitting habit is driving us crazy!
Even though she has developed a little rough side, she is still a sweet little angel. She loves cuddling.... probably more now than she ever has. At night before bed, we have begun putting on blue's clues or a disney movie for about 20 minutes to help her calm down and relax (she gets really antsy and hyper in the evenings and definitely needs something to get her ready for sleep). Either ryan or I cuddle with her as we watch the movie, making sure we have her blankie with us. This picture is my favorite!
She loves to cuddle with her blanket and has recently become very into this little stuffed doggie. He is adorable and was a baby shower gift, but she has never given him the time of day... even when she was obsessed with stuffed animals. But now.. he is the only one she wants. She will grab her blankie and doggie and climb up on the couch. Here is what it looks like:
Our most favorite new skill of Cami's is that she folds her arms for nighttime prayer. We get on our knees and say "cami, its time to say prayer" and she immediately folds her arms. It is absolutely adorable and SO precious: I got a picture of it last night:
She has always loved it when we say prayers. At the beginning, she would always get really excited and squeal a lot when the prayer was over. She just loves to pray and its so sweet to see her get so excited. Its almost like she knows that we are talking to heavenly father. Im sure she still remembers him.
Ive mentioned in previous posts that she loves to cram herself into small spaces. This includes trying to smash herself between us and the couch. Here is a funny picture of her cramming herself behind ryan. haha.. she thinks its so funny too!
She hasnt shown a ton of interest in using words yet. She understands most of what we say, but still does a lot of pointing. Most of the time though we are able to figure out what she wants. We can ask her where things are (shoes, her cup, keys, socks) and she will find them for us. About a month ago, I asked her where mommys keys were. I was walking around the house saying "cami, where are mommys keys". She walked directly over to the sliding glass door, moved the blinds over, and grabbed them. There they were against the door behind the blinds and I NEVER would have found them if it werent for her :). It had to have been over a year ago when ryan's mom told me about how when ryan was little, you could ask him where absolutely ANYTHING was.. and he would find it. He knew where everything in the house was and cami is the exact same way.
Another fun story about keys. I park in the garage, so Cami never sees us open the door to the house with a key. Well.. a few weeks ago when we were at my sister's house, we took a walk over to the pool. Tambra had TONS of trouble getting her key to work both locking the door, as well as when we got back. Cami watched her struggle with the key and it didnt even take Cami 5 minutes after we entered the door to grab tambra's keys and go try to put it in the doornob. It was hilarious!!
Here she is sleeping in her highchair after lunch:
She also falls asleep in other random places. Last week I was checking my email after lunch... thinking id have time before cami got too tired for her afternoon nap. I was wrong. There is a 18 inch space between the desk and the entertainment center. She came over and sat down in that space. A couple minutes later I realized she was awful quiet and looked down and she was OUT. She is now to the point where if shes asleep we can pick her up and put her in bed.. even if shes in her carseat. Its such a blessing. I do not miss those days where shed fall asleep 3 minutes before we get home from grocery shopping and then wouldnt take a nap all day because she got a "power nap". Im complaining arent I?.. but really, that was not very fun.
She likes to draw and color and im really excited about this phase. Crafts!!! I finally have someone to do them with me. She likes pens and paper. I need to whip out the crayons and make sure she doesnt try to eat them.
She really is a great helper and LOVES to help with everything we are doing. When I load the dishwasher, she runs around and brings things and puts them in the dishwasher. They arent dishes.. but thats ok. She thinks she is helping. When I do laundry, she helps with both the washing and the drying. When we load the washer, she stands by the dirty clothes and hands them to us. When we move them to the dryer, she stands by the dryer as i drop the clothes onto the door. She then pushes the wet clothes into the dryer. She also brings the laundry basket to us. At other times, she is using the laundry basket for her own enjoyment:
In this next picture, she had just climbed in and was literally laughing her face off. Look at that smile! You just gotta love her!!
She also loves to put things away. We havent done a fantastic job though of showing here where the shoes go:
Funny story. Saturday morning we were getting ready to leave the house and we could only find one shoe. The other one was nowhere to be found. We looked downstairs, under the couch, behind the table, in her play drawer, in her toy bin, in the cabinets of the entertainment center.. upstairs everywhere.. then we think.. oh maybe she took it off in the car. Nope.. not in the car. So we think.. ok, since we just bought her a pair of tennis shoes.. (cute huh?) I love it when she outgrows things cuz then i get to go shopping :)....
but anyway, we thought.. we will just have her wear her tennis shoes. So we put them on her and opened the fridge to get her some milk... and there is was. In the bottom drawer of the fridge. Silly little girl!!
So I mentioned in my last update post that Cami got a pretty bad owie on her foot. It is healed up all nicely now though. Today she scraped her knee just before I left for the gym. When I got back, (an hour later) the second I walked in the door she came to me whining and doing her "ouchie" face and pulled up her dress and pointed at her knee. haha!! It was sooo cute! I just love her. Its amazing how she remembered to show me her owie when it had been so long since it happened. She also climbs up in high places such as her high chair (see previous post), kitchen chairs, couches, the kitchen table, etc. Then she cries because she is scared. I just love her little scared face.. that sounds so mean... but its adorable. She really does make the cutest faces.
She talks on the phone. And by the phone I mean ANY object. She holds it up to her ear and babbles. Here is a fun picture. I put her in her high chair and she continued to talk on the phone haha:
Dont you just love those bows? She now takes them out every time I put them in so Ive decided not to bother with it. But hopefully one day, she lets me put bows in her hair again :).
Wow this blog entry is really long. I will try to be a more frequent blogger from now on :) Hope you are all doing well!
2 comments:
She is such a cutie! I love that glaring face. Dallin likes to hit too. We still haven't gotten him to stop completely. So tell me if you finally figure it out :) I love when they cuddle!!
Wow-- you got it all in there! Cami sure has a fun personality. I love how she "helps" you all the time and that she can fall asleep anywhere. She gets more beautiful by the day, doesn't she?
Post a Comment