Thursday, April 14, 2011

BEAUTIFUL SPRING!

The last month or so, the weather has been incredible. high 60s to high 70s almost every day. Weve been to the beach quite a few times, and the pool at our apartment has kept us entertained quite a bit. Cami is getting really really good at swimming on her own thanks to her fabulous Sterns Puddle Jumper. She can swim all the way across the pool with no help. Shes so independent and excited to try new things. I love my ambitious little girl!

An update from my last post: THANK YOU to all of you who offered advice and sympathy. Your comments really helped me and gave me ideas of things I can change. I want to give a special thanks to those few people who called me and gave me a pep talk. It meant more to me than I can say. Ive made a few improvements and changes and I am happy to say that Cami has improved a great deal, in just a short time. Weve been working very hard on sharing, and using kind tones when we ask for things and talk about things. Ive taken quite a few movies away (even disney movies that have bad examples), and we dont watch them. Shes too young for some of the movies with bad guys. Carebears is one that has deeply affected her. She would talk about "dark heart" all the time. He is the bad buy in the carebears movies. I hear her talking in an angry voice in her room about him and quoting the movie. Camis independent play has been much more positive since this transition. I observed her in nursery, and she did well. I was actually very impressed by how well she played with the other kids... not what I expected based on what the nursery leader said. Maybe its because I was there :). Either way, im glad she improving.
Hi guys! I love my princess house!

On to the fun stuff. Cami loves her ABC's. She recognizes almost all of the letters, and knows their name. She can also write many of them. Her new favorite movie is toy story 3. It just got added to Netflix and I was really excited because Cami LOVES toy story. Buzz Lightyear goes through some malfuncioning and is reset to different settings. For a portion of the show, he is a romantic italian (speaking spanish), who is trying to win the heart of jessie. Cami is now IN LOVE with Buzz. She got a 12 inch jessie and woody for christmas and now that buzz is her favorite, she has been asking for a "big buzz". We hadnt bought a new toy in a while, so we went to Target last night and bought a big buzz. She hasnt put him down. She keeps saying stuff like "oh buzz, i love you!". its darling! this morning she came and crawled in my bed. I said, cami what do you want to do today? she said "i wanna play with my new buzz".


Getting creative with mrs potato head :)

She talks so much and is so excited for every day when the sun comes up. she calls it a "new day". Some phrases go like this: "its a new day! i go play outside" and "uh oh! its dark outside. i cant wait for a new day".
She often asks to go to Seaworld. We went there last month, and when you buy 1 day, you get the rest of the year free... which is awesome! Here are some fun pictures:
She got super close to a dolphin, but she didnt want to touch it. maybe next time :)

Cami and I. We were at a sea otter show. it was awesome!

This is the place that shamu performs. such an awesome stage isnt it?

Cami and Ryan. We sat in the soak zone!! But we didnt get wet. I was very disappointed. So was cami. Ryan was ecstatic! haha. Next time we will bring a disposable camera, an extra pair of clothes, and sit in the front row!!! Its just not fun unless you get drenched, intentionally, by a huge killer whale. But even though we missed out on that part, the show was really fun and entertaining!

Dress-up is one of Camis favorites. Yesterday I was doing dishes and she was playing in her room. She comes out dressed like this...

Love those wings. This is her halloween costume. its gotten lots of use.

OH MY GOSH tooooo freakin cute, YES?

Cami loves the library. Weve been going every week and getting new books and a movie or 2. She runs around and screams with excitement, and its quite embarassing. Hopefully one day soon she will understand that even though its fun to go to the library, is not a LOUD fun. Its a quiet fun :).
We got slurpies for the first time in years! Cami had never had one. She was in heaven.

Cami and Deacon playing trucks at the beach.

Her favorite thing to do to help around the house is sweep.

We went to the Zoo yesterday. Cami loved it! The last time we went to the zoo was right after we moved here, last June. Camis interest in the exibits and the animals was much more this time so it was a lot more fun for her. It was nice to get out in the sun and get some exercise too. Here is cami with her friend, Ashton.

Both of them are anxiously awaiting their turn to sit in the helicopter. She loves to hold hands with her friends.

The zoo has lots of places for kids to play. They loved this cave.

She loved the flamingos. Man are these animal smelly!!!

Cute little baby chicks!

Wow this peacock was gorgeous!

Cami loved the polar bears. Here is a little play area outside the polar bear exibit.

This guy was huge.....

And of corse, she loved the baby!

We drove up to Malibu a couple weekends ago to see Ryan's brother, David. He plays baseball for BYU as a pitcher and they were playing Pepperdine University. The stadium is gorgeous, as you can see from the pictures below. It was a cloudy day, but if you look closely, you can see the line where the ocean meets the sky. Malibu is gorgeous!

Our cute little girl had fun running around at the stadium. Everyone kept feeding her junk food too so we all know she was lovin it!

After the game, David had to go so we drove around Malibu for a while and since cami was asleep, we got out and looked a view. and took some pics :). here i am with my cutie patoooootie!


Im glad my little sweetie likes to bake with me! Ryans mom made me an apron for valentines day. Its adorable, and its now my favorite apron. I dont know if ive posted these yet.. but here it is:

Here is ryan also. I love him. He makes me laugh every day.

my sister has always said she never thought id find someone who was as silly as I was... she was wrong :). he is much, much sillier than i am :).
Anyway, ive been wanting to make cami and i matching aprons for a while now, but havent found the time. It took a little push from cami this last week when i put one of my aprons on her, as i always do, and she said she wanted a little cami sized apron. Thats all i needed and we were off to joanns :). Cami picked out the main fabric and I have to say she has excellent taste. SOOOO cute. Im in love! Isnt this fabric adorable? And sooo perfect for spring cooking :)

Here is the result. She looks so stinkin cute doesnt she?

I have yet to find time to make mine, but im glad she has one that fits her now. she loves it!
Here she is helping mix the dry ingredients for making bread.

SO many pictures, so i hope you all enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She is so cute and getting so big. it's hard to believe! IT looks like some other man is moving in on Seth's territory!

How fun to be close to sea world, the beach, pool weather already and a million other fun things. We may just have to visit next year sometime.

I'm glad things are going better for you, don't worry we all have those times.

Love the aprons ... you're just so crafty lady!

makana hansen said...

yup... blog is up and running like normal now.

I am really glad you shared what you did btw.

blog background