Thursday, September 4, 2008

Doctor appointments are NO fun!

We went to the Doctor yesterday for Cami's 2 month check up. She now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz and the Doctor said she is in the 95th percentile for weight. haha. She is turning into quite the little chunk! She is now 22 1/4 inches long and is in the 70th percentile for height. I think she is going to be short and stalky like mom and dad. WOW she has gotten so big!! :).

She also had to get 5 shots!! REALLY??? FIVE??? Do they really do that to infants? Poor little girl cried pretty hard for a minute or so! It was horrible to watch.. BUT I know she needs to get her shots and I need to be strong for her, its just really hard. I didnt want to put her down after that, I just wanted to cuddle her. They told us that her legs would hurt for a couple days and to get some Tylenol. So we gave her some last night and she slept all night.

She was a happy smiley little baby this morning when I got her dressed. I was making faces at her and I actually think she was trying to laugh. It was fun. Babies are the best thing ever!

5 comments:

Sarah, Nick and Seth said...

I just saw your post on our blog! I'm so glad you have a blog so we can see picture of Cami! SHe is so cute ... and getting big! :) We have to go to the dr soon for shots too ... not excited about it at all! Have Ryan call Nick and we can figure out a time to get together and show off our little ones!

The Petersen Family said...

I hate taking Dallin to get his shots. It is horrible watching them prick your little one and then listen to them scream. I'm glad you have a good sleeper and that she was a happy girl this morning.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Marc told me he and Ryan would be leaving work a little early that day for a doctors appointment and I wondered if it was for Cami's shots. Sad! You were very brave. Good job for going through with them, not just walking out the doctor's office door. (It's a temptation for me.) Anna's shots were supposed to be yesterday, but since she's been a little sick the doctor mercifully decided to forgo for now... But not for long. Poor babies. :(

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Cami is a DOLL. She's so cute! I love her big dark eyes and rosy cheeks. It's so cool how she and Anna are just 2 days apart. Anna seems to be growing in an opposite trend, however-- she's long and thin, like both of us were as babies. Funny, huh?

Mrs. Drummond said...

I can relate...I hate it everytime! It is like "mommy torture."

blog background