A friend sent me a link to this fun desert idea and I thought it would be fun to make it for fathers day:
I know I said my dads burgers are the best but these were AMAZING!..
Burgers anyone?
Oh and we cant have burgers without fries!
So those little things are pretty easy to make. You bake cupcakes, and cut each of them in half for the buns. You bake brownies, let them cool, and cookie cut them into little circles for the beef patties. (Or if you are like me, and dont have a circle cookie cutter.. what I did is after the brownies were baked stirred it all up into moosh with a spoon and patted them into patties.. whatever works right?) Then make some frosting and use food coloring to make lettuce, catchup and mustard! The fries were easy and are made out of sugar cookie. Rollout a batch of sugar cookie doubh super thin! Sprinkle with lots of sugar, and bake it as one huge cookie. When its cooled.. slice into uneven pieces. As you can imagine... these little babies didnt last long.
It was so fun to celebrate Ryan's first Fathers day! I asked Ryan what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to do NOTHING... He doesnt get a chance to do nothing very often and neither do I so we thought this was a fun idea. We went to church in the morning and just sat around the rest of the day! Not much to report, I know. But we had fun :). I made a few fun things for Ryan for Fathers Day. Cami gave her daddy some fast break candy bars and a T-shirt with a collage of pictures of her and him on it. It turned out SOOO cute and he LOVES IT!... I guess I could include a picture..

From me, I made him a collage that he can take to work and keep on his desk. It is kind of a recap of our life together with a picture from each of the most special moments, and ending in a current family picture. Here is the collage I made:

It didnt show up in the picture but across the top it says "Happy Fathers Day to the best Husband and Father in this world!"
He loved his gifts and I think his first Fathers Day turned out to be pretty nice :). For dinner we even had pork chops and rice! its one of our most favorite recipes. If anyone wants the recipe, just let me know. Its so easy and super delicious!!
We hope all you Fathers out there had a terriffic Fathers day! A few important people in my life I want to say Happy Fathers Day to are: My husband, My dad, My grandpa, my Father in law, and my two brothers in law- Chad and Dane (a soon to be daddy). Happy Fathers Day! We love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment